The Executive Board Secretariat, which is under the Deputy Executive Director portfolio, is the interface between the membership (Board Members and Observers) and the WFP management. The Executive Board Secretariat also facilitates the relationship between the Board and other governing bodies and facilitates the meetings of the WFP Audit Committee by providing secretariat support.
The Secretary to the Executive Board leads a team of staff that, among other things:
- organizes Board sessions;
- coordinates Bureau meetings;
- organizes consultations on topics relevant to the Board and the WFP Secretariat;
- translates Board documents into the official languages;
- provides official records of Board-related meetings;
- ensures simultaneous interpretation into the official languages during Board sessions and consultations;
- facilitates the organization of field visits by Board members; and
- assists Board delegates with any information as requested.