The Executive Board Bureau elected by the Board at each year’s First Regular Session is composed of one member and one alternate from each electoral List.
The primary function of the Executive Board Bureau is to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Executive Board.
This includes sharing of information and dialogue between List members and the Executive Board Secretariat. The Executive Board Bureau helps to achieve consensus among Lists and between Lists outside of formal sessions. It prepares and updates the Biennial Programme of Work, follows up on actions from Executive Board meetings, and is the contact point for members and observers and for the Executive Board Secretariat.
A note for the record is produced after each Executive Board Bureau meeting as an important tool to share information and keep Executive Board members updated on the work of the Bureau.
- List A - Mr. Herman Constant Dazan (Benin)
- List B - Mr. Jishun CUI (China)
- List C - H.E. Karla Samayoa Recari (Guatemala)*
- List D - Ms. Hannah Laubenthal (Germany)
- List E - Mr. Evgeny Vakulenko (Russian Federation)
^ Vacant from 11 August 2018. Previously Ms. Wajiha Khan (Pakistan) up to 10 August 2018.
* From 18 June 2018. Previously Ms. Maria Fernanda Silva (Argentina) up to 29 April 2018 | Alternate: Ms. Mónica Fonseca Jaramillo (Colombia) up to 17 June 2018.