EB Field Visits
The WFP Board members visit Lao People's Democratic Republic from 7 to 16 September.
The purpose of the visit is to allow Board members to:
- provide exposure to WFP’s regional strategy and capacities based in the Regional Bureau in the context of “Fit for Purpose”;
- observe WFP field operations within a development context;
- observe WFP as a partner to the Government;
- observe WFP as a partner in the United Nations country team, including collaboration with the Rome-based agencies (IFAD and FAO);
- provide insight into the implementation of WFP policies and strategies in the field;
- study programming and programme delivery including M&E; and
- discuss the impact of WFP programmes with government and non-government counterparts at all levels.
Visiting teams will in particular study
- the approaches adopted,
- the decentralized management of WFP operations in the field including the consolidation of sub-offices and embedding of WFP field staff within government district offices and
- responses to emerging issues and changing situations.