Monday, 10 June
- Sweden-sponsored side event on the humanitarian–development–peace nexus, in cooperation with OSZ and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) partnership with WFP: Exploring WFP’s contribution to improved prospects for peace – a presentation of initial findings from the partnerships’ first country case studies (launch of SIPRI analysis).
Tuesday, 11 June
- Switzerland-sponsored side event on Protection: Moving Forward on Protection – How WFP is Building Safer Environments for Beneficiaries with an update on the protection strategy/policy workstream from a practical perspective and to showcase how WFP has been moving forward on various protection-related issues since June 2018.
- Australia, Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Uganda and United Kingdom-sponsored event on disability and inclusion: The Power of Inclusive Design. This event featured TEDx speaker Elise Roy, who also addressed staff in a separate side event. Ms. Roy is a deaf human-centred designer, former lawyer, and public speaker who works in the vanguard of the disruptive innovation movement.
Wednesday, 12 June
- Side event hosted by the WFP Southern Africa Regional Bureau on food insecurity in Madagascar with Foreign Minister of Madagascar, H.E. Naina Andriantsitohaina, and Princess Sarah Zeid of Jordan: Engagement to Address the Dire Nutrition Situation in Madagascar.
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Mozambique co-hosted cluster side event: Coordination in Emergencies – The Role of Clusters. Working in partnership, the event highlighted the work of WFP-led or co-led humanitarian clusters in emergency telecommunications, globl food security and logistics.
Thursday, 13 June
- A WFP Asia and the Pacific Regional Bureau-sponsored high-level side-event to showcase WFP’s first regional strategy for the Pacific.
Friday, 14 June
- WFP Alumni Network to launch a book on WFP Cross-border Operations.
Photos from side events and exhibitions
By Sarah Colbourne, Executive Board Officer, Rome